The most interesting part of any election is often the shenanigans that accompanies it. So far we’ve had
- voting machines changing from the voters preferred candidate
- election workers changing ballots
- election officials demanding unnecessary ID
- election officials offering ‘provisional’ ballots instead of actual ones. I assume these are later burned or otherwise disposed of.
- election officials giving misleading information about the location and opening times of polling places
- restriction of electoral technology/staff to the point where it’s m,assively inconvenient and time consuming to vote.
- deployment of heavies – supposedly ex SEAL/special forces outside polling stations to ‘protect’ the vote.
These are in the context of meta-fraud efforts like legal challenges to early voting and attempts to impose stringent voter ID regulations. All of these allegations are against the Republicans: all Fox is running with right now is a picture of an ‘intimidating’ black bloke standing outside a polling station and an insufficiently covered mural of Obama in an Ohio polling place.
The odd thing about this is that both parties have extensive histories of electoral fraud: was not Camelot built by the Chicago dead, summoned by Sam Giancana? So have the Dems stopped doing the old shoulder-hitting bit? If so, and if the election is this close, isn’t it kind of stupid to abandon the capacity to outsteal the opposition?